Many women are very happy when they experience morning sickness symptoms because it means that they will become a mother soon. But, on the other side, morning sickness does not make some happy specifically to those who do not want it yet. Hence, consider it one of the signs of pregnancy.
What are morning sickness symptoms? People got used to the term morning sickness but the truth is, it is simply nausea and vomiting. Again, not all pregnant women experience this during their first trimester but then about 75% of them had it. Some felt it as early as 4 weeks term, and some at 6 weeks. This only happens during the first term.
Causes of Morning Sickness Symptoms
- The main condition that causes nausea and vomiting is the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). This increases abruptly at the beginning of pregnancy and is usually the indicator that makes a pregnancy test positive.
- Estrogen and progesterone level changes can also affect this pregnancy symptoms morning sickness.
- The smell of food, like for instance when you sauté onions or garlic, triggers nausea and vomiting. It can happen anytime of the day.
Do not believe that when you did not experience this condition, is that you had a miscarriage or whatsoever. It simply means that you are not too sensitive. Everything is perfectly going on smoothly. Now, here are simple yet helpful ways to relieve and prevent yourself from having morning sickness.
Ways to Prevent Morning Sickness Symptoms
- The number one remedy for this condition is to eat dry crackers even before going up the bed. And when you get up, do it slowly.
- Eat small, frequent meals. Never let your stomach get empty. This starts the symptoms of morning sickness in pregnancy.
- Have a plenty of rest and free yourself from stress and worries.
- If you are irritated by the smell of certain foods, avoid it.
- Do not drink too much at a time. Take several sips in a day.
- If you have vomited a lot already, replace it by drinking the right amount of water in a day or drink sports drink for faster relief.
These tips are just a few of what your physician can give you regarding morning sickness symptoms. It is always best to consult medical professionals for any health problems. Do not ask other pregnant mothers for an advice as this will not always help you for you are not going onto the same process though you are both pregnant. Each pregnancy is unique per woman.